Alumni Members: Please log into the site to view member only information.
The Gwinnett Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association provides graduates of the Gwinnett Citizens Police Academy (CPA) the opportunity to stay involved and help continue to promote a better understanding and improved community relationship with the Gwinnett Police Department.
Alumni Association membership is available to any CPA class graduate who wants to stay involved and continue their relationships with fellow academy alumni and officers.
Some of the benefits of Alumni Association membership are:
- Continued training opportunities
- Become a member of the CPAAA Search Team
- Interaction and support of the Police Department and the officers
- Participation with Police Academy recruit training (DUI practicals, etc.)
- Site visits to various Gwinnett County facilities (jail, Justice Center, Corrections, etc.)
- Networking with like minded citizens
What is the Citizens Police Academy?
The CPA is designed to educate citizens of Gwinnett about their police department and how officers enforce local and state laws. The goal of the CPA is to create and develop a growing nucleus of responsible, well informed citizens, who have the potential to influence public opinion concerning police practices and the delivery of services.
Participants in the CPA come from all walks of life; recent college graduates to senior citizens, novelists to IRS investigators to computer analysts.
Have you ever asked yourself one or more of these questions?
- What do officers do all day besides writing tickets?
- Why do officers make the decisions they make?
- How is the police department organized and operated?
- What kind of training do our police officers receive?
- What kind of resources are provided to our police officers to fight crime?
- How safe is my community?
- How can I contribute to public awareness and police community relations?
- How can my community benefit from knowing the answers to these questions?
The CPA training consists of both classroom and practical application courses over nine weeks (two classes per week). Classes are held in the evenings at the Gwinnett Police Training Complex. Click here for class curriculum.
The CPA is open to all Gwinnett County residents, eighteen years of age or older, who successfully pass the application process and a driver's and criminal history check.
Click here for an application.
Citizens Police Academy Alumnus?
Are you a Gwinnett CPA alumnus and not a member of the Gwinnett Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association?
Get back into the action and JOIN NOW!!!
Website sponsored by